Rich chocolate. Gooey cheesecake. That’s all you need to know! 😜 But really, these are some of the yummiest and easiest cupcakes in my repertoire. They aren’t the prettiest, but they’re so tasty no one seems to mind. Give ’em a try!
For the topping:
- 1 block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
For the cupcakes:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line your muffin tins (this recipe makes about 18 cupcakes). Using either a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and salt. Add egg yolk, mixing well until completely combined. Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula and set aside.
- Next, prepare the cupcakes. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder). Once well blended, add wet ingredients (water, oil, vinegar, vanilla) and mix until smooth.
- Fill each liner about 2/3 full with cupcake batter, then top with about 1 tbsp of cheesecake mixture.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until edges are firm to the touch. In the words of the recipe’s author: YUMMO! And super easy, right?! Happy baking 😄
Recipe from Rachael Ray Everyday