The weather’s getting warmer, so you know what that means… lemonade! My kids love lemonade and I’ve been experimenting with lavender, so when I saw this floating around I knew we had to try it. I found my culinary lavender on Amazon – there are tons of options- and just plain ol’ Country Time lemonade. It’s also, like most things I make these days, extremely easy. I bet this would be pretty good with some vodka or gin to kick it up to adult beverage porch sipper. 😏
- 2 quarts lemonade
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp dried lavender
- 2 cups boiling water
1) In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and lavender. Mix together.
2) Pour the boiling water over the mixture and stir until sugar is dissolved.
3) Cover with foil or plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes (or longer if you just forget about it 🤣).
4) After your syrup is made, pour through a filter/strainer to get buds out. Pour strained syrup into your lemonade, mix, and enjoy!
I used this recipe for the lavender simple syrup, but I wasn’t about that fresh lemonade biz. If you’re feeling ambitious, I’d bet it’s delish!