If you’re on any form of social media, chances are you’ve seen this making the rounds. Whipped coffee is the luscious little treat you didn’t know you needed to get you through these coming weeks at home without your Starbucks fix. It’s like you took an Sbux foam drink and flipped it- so there’s milk/cream on the bottom and the coffee is the foam on top. It. Is. Heaven. I highly recommend using a hand or stand mixer if you have one, or you’ll be getting a damn good arm workout. 💪🏻
- 2 tbsps instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 2 tbsps hot water
- Milk and/or coffee creamer to taste
- Combine instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a small bowl. It’ll look like mud. Do not be discouraged.
- Using a whisk or whisk attachment, beat ingredients together until light and fluffy and peaks form.
- In a glass of your choosing, add ice and your creamer/milk. (I use a splash of vanilla creamer and then milk.) Spoon your coffee mixture on top. Look how pretty!
- Now enjoy! You can drink it like this (like one of the Starbucks foam drinks) or mix everything together. Equally delicious.
Wasn’t that easy?! So simple to customize with syrups and add-ins to your heart’s desire. Tell me what you think!
*I don’t know where this originated and a friend shared the recipe with me, so I don’t have a source to link here.*